How it works:
- Mentors support us by participating in group technology training webinars on Zoom (either as a presenter or part of the Q&A Team) and providing one-on-one telephone tech-support to senior citizens.
- To become a Cyber-Seniors Tech Mentor you are required to complete our training program. You will watch 6 videos and complete 6 corresponding quizzes. The training is available through the Cyber-Seniors portal once you register as a volunteer and should take no longer than 2 hours to complete.
- Next, you will be required to complete an online profile to tell us a little about yourself. The information given will help us match you with volunteer opportunities.
- Detailed instructions on how to use our scheduling system, our secure calling system, and any reporting requirements, will be emailed to you within 1 business day of filling out the online profile.
- Volunteer opportunities are posted on our scheduling system and mentors have the ability to apply for any session that fits their schedule and tech skills. Our scheduling team will notify you if you are chosen to take on the session. In general volunteers can expect to volunteer for 80% of the sessions they show interest in. There is no minimum time commitment, you simply volunteer when you have time. If you require a certain number of hours for community service or course completion Cyber-Seniors will make its best effort to accommodate.
- Once you are chosen for a session, you will receive a confirmation email with any further details about the senior’s tech needs.
- Volunteer hours are tracked, and you will be able to download a Volunteer Hours Report from your Dashboard on the system. We update your hours every Monday.
- If you are a student, working with a teacher, or are part of a class that has been enrolled in the Cyber-Seniors Program, you will have been sent an email inviting you to register. If you have not received an email, please check your junk mail and notify your teacher if you have not received it.
- If you complete the registration form on the Get Started tab and the system says that the email already exists, please contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you.