Volunteer with Cyber-Seniors
Cyber-Seniors offers a rewarding volunteer experience for individuals looking to make a difference in their community.
Volunteer hours are documented, and digital badges and certificates are awarded. Students develop valuable work skills that give them a leg up when applying for a job or post-secondary school programs.
And on top of all this, it’s fun! Join today and see for yourself.
- Fav Tech Gadget: My Macbook Pro – for volunteering, homework, making music, and texting my friends and family
- Fav Website/App: YouTube, because I use it to help me learn new things regarding my technical skills. It always comes in handy.
- Fav Part of Volunteering: Connecting with the seniors and hearing their joy when we figure out how to navigate through their devices. It’s an overwhelmingly meaningful experience.
Acquire new skills while providing a valuable service to senior citizens who truly appreciate your help.
Here is just one example of the many inspiring senior citizens you will work with.
Cyber-Seniors is a blast and a half! Don’t believe it? Meet Marion.
How It Works
Learn more about the process of volunteering with Cyber-Seniors.
How it works:
- Mentors support us by participating in group technology training webinars on Zoom (either as a presenter or part of the Q&A Team) and providing one-on-one telephone tech-support to older adults.
- To become a Cyber-Seniors Tech Mentor you are required to complete our training program. You will watch 7 videos and complete 7 corresponding quizzes. The training is available through the Cyber-Seniors portal once you register as a volunteer and should take no longer than 2 hours to complete.
- Detailed instructions on how to view volunteer assignments, request them, and complete them, are available on the Cyber-Seniors portal.
- In general volunteers can expect to volunteer for 80% of the sessions they show interest in. There is no minimum time commitment, you simply volunteer when you have time. If you require a certain number of hours for community service or course completion Cyber-Seniors will make its best effort to accommodate you.
- Once you are approved for a session, you will receive a confirmation email with any further details about the older adult’s tech needs.
- Volunteer hours are tracked, and you will be able to download a Volunteer Hours Report from your Dashboard on the system.
- If you are a student, working with a teacher, or are part of a class that has been enrolled in the Cyber-Seniors Program, you will have been sent an email inviting you to register. If you have not received an email, please check your junk mail and notify your teacher if you have not received it.
- If you complete the registration form on the Get Started tab and the system says that the email already exists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.